Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Yummyness

Chinese Sesame Salad. I will come back later to post the picture of this dish. It is so good and a favorite. I make everything from the dressing to the baked tofu. It's very easy.

Baked Teriyaki Tofu

Preheat oven to 375. Toss all three in a bowl. Cover tofu with liquid. Spread evenly on cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes:
16 oz firm tofu
2 Tbsp soy sauce (or Braggs)
1 Tbsp sesame oil

The Dressing

Mix together:
1/2 cup vegan mayo
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce (or Braggs)

The salad is:

Iceberg lettuce sliced thinly (or I like to use cabbage, either red or green)
1 red bell (diced)
1/2 bunch green onion (sliced)
1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped)

I prepare all of these early, then at supper time, I put all the ingredients together and add:
1/2 cup of sliced almonds

That's it. Easy Peezy. Tomorrow is Number 3's 9th birthday. We are having sourdough pancakes with sliced strawberries and bananas and real whipped cream that I will whip myself. That's the only part not vegan. I will post that recipe tomorrow. For now, I am off to the Farmer's Market in Flagstaff to get $.79 strawberries and other fruits for the fruit kabobs little man is sharing with his class.

No comments:

Post a Comment