Thursday, July 21, 2011

home made (adult themed) wrap-n-mats

Are you sick of buying Ziplock sandwich bags? I was, so I bought Wrap-N-Mats. W-N-M are these awesome reusable sandwich wrappers that are lined with vinyl or plastic, they seal with velcro. They keep your sandwich moist and they are completely reusable. Over the years, only one W-N-M survived the boys, so last school year, I decided to take the bull by the horns and make my own. I traced a pattern from the existing W-N-M, then figured out how to sew them up. I buy all my supplies at Joanne's, so if you have any fabric store near you, you can do it too.

This year, I got sick of using kid themed wraps for my own sammys, so I got grown-up fabric. To be specific, I bought pin-up girls, skulls, day of the dead, and sugar skulls fabric. Here are some of my most recent creations! (Apparently, I don't have any pics of the pin-up girls, but I will get some up soon.)

I will see you one for $10 plus shipping. Let me know if you want one. :)






The last picture was my first attempt at a vinyl lined, velcro closed fruit bag. It gets so annoying having fruit drip out of bags or not being able to fit apple slices into the only small containers that fit into the lunchbox. This is really ingenious, if you ask me! Now I am going to add utensil holders to the set! I am super excited!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment