Friday, January 6, 2012

100th Post!



So to celebrate my 100th post, I thought I would share a muffin with you. And in honor of my processed sugar ban, these are sugar free, but very sweet!! My new favorite muffin!!!!!!! Like so favorite that I made six yesterday, ate three and a half, shared the other two and a half with the boys and today made twelve more. The intent is to eat them over the weekend, but I'm not sure if all twelve will make it past the night...

Introducing Honey Wheat Muffins!!!! They are easy to make and healthy and sweet, sweet, sweet!!!! And when I get around to buying whole flax seeds to make egg replacer*, they'll also be vegan!! (Substitute non-dairy milk for regular.) Yahoo!!!!

I've also been making fresh loaves of bread since yesterday. If you aren't familiar with the 5 Minute Bread recipe, acquaint yourself immediately! I first found the recipe in Mother Earth News and that's the recipe I still use, so please, for all that's good and holy, follow the link and make your own bread! Seriously no kneading and fresh bread daily!! The article is a bit wordy, but there are recipes galore in it! The actual bread recipe starts on page 3. Guess what? You can freeze the dough, but why? It keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks, as if. But, the longer its stays in the fridge, the more sour it gets. Hello??? Could it be a more perfect way to give yourself and your family a delicious, nutritious snack?

Okay, the benefits of making your own muffins and bread: You know what's in them and where it came from. You can make them the way you like, like without crappy sugar the fucks with your brain and liver and kidneys and fat cells. I made the bread with half organic white flour, half freshly ground wheat flour (Thank you, Anneka!!!) and half a cup of flax meal. There is no waste, like no plastic to throw away to contribute to the Plastic Island. So many good reasons!!! Start baking!!!!

Hey busy people!!!!! All of these freeze, so with a quick thaw you can have the best food ever!!

*To make your own egg replacer, boil a couple of teaspoons of flax seeds in a couple of cups of water. It will start to thicken up a bit and look and feel like goopy egg whites. Strain the seeds, or keep them in as I usually do, and used 1/4 cup of replacer for every egg your recipe calls for. Hello fiber, goodbye maimed, mutilated, overworked and abused hens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment