Thursday, May 13, 2010

Awesome Agave Sweetened Wheat Free Oatmeal Cookies

Number one is wheat free, which is a pain in the ass for stuff like camping. Everyday it's a small pain, but when space is limited and it's easier to make food that we all can eat, it's a real huge Pain In The Ass! Today, the day before our four day camping trip, I decided to make cookies, but wait, I can't make my regular stand by's because that would suck if Ash watched us eat delicious choco chip cookies, plus I am trying to eat healthier and tone up. So I decided on the titled oatmeal cookies, only that's not a recipe easily obtained, so with the help of a few other recipes and a brave heart, here is what I came up with.

PREHEAT to 350°F

2 1/2 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups Pamela's Wheat Free/Gluten Free Baking Mix
1 cup almond meal, I ground fresh almonds in my coffee grinder (not too long or you will have nut butter)
3/4 tspn salt
1/2 tspn baking soda
(Mix that stuff together, then add this stuff)
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup raw dark agave (i don't think it matters if you use light or dark)
1/3 bag trader joes dried blueberries

Mix good. Will be slightly sticky, but you can add more flour if you like. I also wanted to add coconut, but I seem to have misplaced what I had. Hmmm..Maybe Bartley threw it away so I wouldn't poison her...

Bake for 12 minutes on a greased pan (Trader Joes spray olive oil rocks for this). Take off pan immediately and move to cooling rack. Then enjoy. They are soft and chewy and yummy. I am pretty dang happy with them. Now onto Gluten free brownies and my timer is going off!!!!

1 comment: