Monday, May 10, 2010

Front Yard Garden Updates

We added a fancy irrigation system to the garden. It's a soaker hose. It rocks! Since we installed it, photosynthesis has increased! Seeds are starting to germinate like crazy and the plants that were already growing are getting big.

I think I am going to have to thin the zucchini. I will probably transplant the babies into a container so I that I get a maximum crop.

The corn and sunflower are popping up all over, which is great for shade for the ground plants and we finally got some melons and cucumbers to grow. Oh my gosh, all this talk of fresh grown food is making me hungry.

I have already started planning the July plantings of more corn and pie and carving pumpkins. I am hoping for a super abundance that I can sell at the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment