Thursday, February 18, 2010

We're Famous...Well Sorta

A while back, our friend Liz told us that a friend of hers was looking to write a piece in Echo Magazine, a local, biweekly LGBT publication, about queer bloggers. We have this blog together and another one that I used to write on all the time. That's where my coming out story and all my queer quirkiness was posted for about three years. I digress, sorry. Anyway, I wrote him a quick email and, this week, he wrote me back. He said that he wanted to write the story and do a photo shoot.



Then he emailed last night and said that the blogger story would be the cover story in April! I didn't think it could get any better, but it has. There will be several bloggers mentioned in the article, but only four featured bloggers and we are one of them!!!!! I am so excited. We have only been writing this blog for, what, three months! And now we will be famous!!!! The other three bloggers who will be featured are MRSTER.com, Hump Day Newsletter and another boy who takes and uploads pictures with his iPhone. (Sorry I don't know the name of this one, but I will get it as soon as I can.)




Don't worry, all this fame and, well no fortune, won't get to my head. I promise. 



Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
Used to have a little, now I have a lot
No matter where I go, I know where I came from (from the Bronx!)

Oh yeah! I just went there! (And just so we are clear, I had to look those lyrics up. If I was a gay boy, I would just know them by instinct, I think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment