Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Almond Bros

As I write this, I am sitting on the front porch swing, listening to the birds chirp and smelling the neighbors dinner cooking. I am thinking about all the stuff I did today and all the stuff that needs to be done soon. It's starting to get warmer here. Was in the low 70's today. We are expecting rain tomorrow, good for the plants and the new tree.

For my birthday, I decided to buy an almond tree. I rode my bicycle to the nursery, a mere 3 mile trip, and rode home with the root ball in my front basket and the trunk resting on my shoulder. I have been riding my bike alot more lately in an effort to conserve fossil fuels. Anyway, my beautiful almond tree was planted in the front yard today and I started digging the plot in the front where I will be placing another garden.

The new front yard garden will be home, first to sunflowers and melons, starting in March, then to other yummies. I'm hoping to be able to keep the feral cats out of the garden somehow. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment