Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chicken Homecoming



The babies are home!!  The lady I called on craigslist last night was super sweet. I told her I was looking for hens who are about to lay or are already laying. This is what she came up with. The white one lays brown eggs. The black one may lay blue or brown. It's undetermined yet; and the orange one lays very large white eggs. I am so excited about this! They come home in this box and it took them about a half of an hour to get out of it. Really it took the dog scaring the shit of them for them to even move. 

I think we should call this one Tyra Banks. She seems to want to pose for the camera every time I point it at her. Tris will probably want to okay that name. She looks so regal and beautiful! 



These two have stuck together since they came home. The black one is a talker. No name yet, but I am sure it will come to us eventually. 


Look how pretty she is!!! The previous owner, K, loved her babies and you could tell. They had a huge space to roam in and a very large coop. 


I am on my way to the feed store to get some hay for them to lay in and some scratch and feed. Tempe here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! I want chiknz so bad but it's a no-no in Glendale, plus we don't really have the room. :c (

    ReplyDelete