Saturday, March 6, 2010

What Are You Throwing Away?

I have been really busy today. The chickens moved in and the new roommate is moving in tomorrow so all must be douched. In the process of throwing things away today, I took a long, hard look at the contents of the garbage can. We have been really careful to teach the boys what can and cannot go in the recycle and compost bins and for the most part they follow the rules. Plus all food gets composted; none of us eat meat and cheese doesn't last very long around here. So what could all this garbage be?

Plastic food bags. Not just bulk type bags, but bread bags and Flesh and Queasy (Fresh and Easy) produce bags. I need to think of a better way to buy my food. Like getting my ass to the farmers market more often and baking my own bread, except Number One's wheat-less bread.

What are you tossing? Do you recycle and compost as much as you should?

One quick note on garbage: I think everyone should only move their curbside bins to the street when they are full. It takes much less energy for the truck to pass your house then it does for the truck to stop for one or two bags of trash. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment